Mercenaries unite in order to protect the daughter of a billionaire who becomes the target of an elite assassins’ group.
Triple Threat is NOT, I repeat is NOT to be compared, contrasted, or associated in any way with Ong-Bak: The Thai Warrior (2003), the Undisputed franchise (2006-2016), The Raid: Redemption (2011), The Raid 2 (2014), The Night Comes for Us (2018), or any other film of that level.
It’s a real shame to have names such as Tony Jaa, Iko Uwais, Tiger Hu Chen, Scott Adkins, Celina Jade, Michael Jai White, and Michael Bisping in one film and get that result. But the film’s duration warned me even before watching it. So, I was pretty sure this was going to be a disappointing one, I just didn’t know how badly disappointing.
In about an hour and a half, we have:
- Undeveloped characters that no one really cares about.
- Bad acting / No chemistry between the actors.
- Obvious difficulty from the non-native English speaking actors to express themselves.
- Mediocre action / inconsistent fighting skills.
- And the biggest problem that begets all problems: Horrible writing! I mean… Horrible!!!
As it is not in my idiosyncrasy to write negative comments just for the fun of it or to attract an audience so, I’ll stop here. Prachya Pinkaew, Gareth Evans, and Timo Tjahjanto have raised the bar to a level that newer directors and even themselves will have to go the extra mile to keep delivering the jaw-dropping action/thriller films they have been delivering so far.
You can find it here: https://amzn.to/363KrOx